Saturday, March 26, 2005

Day 7 – Friday

On the seventh day my family got up and played a game called Skip Bo and it was really entertaining. We played it six times and I won two times and my sister won two times and my dad won zero times and my mom won two times. After that Chloe, Steen, and I went on a hike for two hours and we came back and had macaroni and cheese for lunch.

Then we drove down to the cottonwood visitor center and we bought some books on the Joshua Tree and we drove for a little bit and we stopped to look at some plants. One plant was called ocotillo and all along the trunks were razor sharp spikes and tiny dark green leaves. The other plant was called Cholla and another name for it is teddy bear cactus.

It grows to be chest high and the bottom of it is black and the top of it is green and it has lots of little white spikes. Then we got back to our car and we drove to our camp spot and made stew and we ate it and we went to sleep after listening to a chapter or two of "The Thief Lord".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home