Saturday, March 26, 2005

Day 8

On the eighth day we woke up to a windy morning. We ate delicious pancakes for breakfast. After that Steen and Chloe were pretending to ride horses all around the desert rocks. The horses names were Yellowy and Blacky, the names came from Junie B. Jones I think. My crazy siblings went hiking with my mom and they kept pretending to tie up their horses and then in the middle of rock climbing they would have to go back and get them so they could ride them again. While Chloe, Steen and my mom were hiking I and my dad went on a simple bike ride around the valleys of Joshua Tree. The wind was chilly and the landscape was bumpy, grey and sandy. After I got back my dad and I played catch with our baseball. When the pretend horse riders got back we had lunch. We ate sandwiches and chips. Then I met a new boy from California. We tried to catch a couple of rainbow colored lizards but they were too fast for us. There are lots of lizards in the desert. We were rock climbing when my sister found us and chased us all around the big rocks. We jumped, ran and climbed away from her. For an hour we played this chasing game and Chloe never caught us. Then we went to my friend’s campsite and dug shallow holes with a camp shovel and buried toys. I don’t know why we did that. Then my family packed up and left Joshua Tree to go to Quartsite Arizona. We went there to visit my great grandmother. She is 79 years old. She lives in Arizona in the winter and Idaho in the summer. She is my dad’s ancient grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home