Friday, April 01, 2005

Day 13

On the thirteenth day my family drove to Taos, a place in northern New Mexico. The town’s elevation is seven thousand feet but it is still a high desert. When we got to Taos it was my dad’s birthday so we got a nice hotel for the night. We stayed at the Fetchin hotel and he was a famous artist who lived in the town in the 1920’s. There are lots of famous artists who used to live there and there are lots of artists who live their now. That’s why my mom and dad wanted to come to Taos. I think we had to look at too may art galleries while we were here.

The houses are made of dirt, water, straw, and rocks and its called adobe. It looks like smooth desert rocks and it is the color of desert sand and all the walls are super thick. On the inside of these adobe houses they use lots of thick, dark, carved wood. I liked the architecture and my parents really did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home