Thursday, April 07, 2005

Day 20

Today my family had to wake up really early to drive to Dead Horse Point State Park. We went so early so we could get a camp spot. When we got there at nine in the morning there were only two camp sites left. When we got to our camp site we put our water jug on the table so people would know it was taken. We then drove back to Moab and got some breakfast. My dad really likes Moab since it is a mountain biking town. My dad has gone to Moab many times to bike ride. When we were in Moab my dad went to a few bike shoo down into a huge valley with lots of mps. We went to Moab since we had to do lots of shopping, laundry and eating. Moab was the hottest place we had been so far.

When we were done with all that stuff we went back to Dead Horse Point. When we got there we found out that someone had stolen our water jug. Since we had no water I had to run to the bathroom and fill up all of our water bottles and a big container with water. Dead Horse Pint is the very northern edge of Island in the Sky in Canyonlands. It is a very high plateau of red sandstone. My family hiked out to the edge and watched the sun go down. I liked it but it wasn’t the most beautiful things ever. It was one of the warmest nights on our trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home