Friday, April 08, 2005

Day 21

Today my family got up early and went to Goblin Valley State Park in Utah. We were meeting two uncles, two aunts, one cousin and one dog later that night. So we had all day to wait and it was really freezing and windy. The wind was blowing sand in our eyes and also blowing lots of tents over. People were having to chase their tents.

What’s interesting about Goblin Valley is that there are lots of weird shaped rocks. All the rocks are different from one another. By our campground we had these 35 feet tall rocks. These rocks were even softer than sandstone. They crumpled easily when stepped on. The rocks look like dried mud slides and clumps of adobe mixed together. I climbed up and over one set of rocks but I couldn’t get down the backside so I had to come down the way I came.

In the afternoon we went to hike in the Valley of the Goblins. You go down into a huge valley and there are thousands of clusters or bumpy mushroom shaped rocks. You can climb on them. They look like goblin houses with rooms. I was down in the valley for four hours playing on the rocks with my siblings. I liked the valley of Goblins a lot since the rocks were all in weird shapes and some of them looked like castles. It is a good place to play.

Late that night my relatives arrived and brought a trailer which they slept in. I like my uncles since they like to go mountain biking and I do too. They are the kind of uncles who let me go mountain biking with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home